East Asia Moving presents recent work by artist filmmakers from China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Singapore, giving a brief glimpse into moving image practices from East Asia. Deeply spiritual imagery combines with cutting edge biological technology in Lu Yang’s LuYang Delusional Mandala, while dark humour, the sublime and high energy intertwine throughout and between each film.
The programme contains a review of poetic, accomplished and emotive films, created by rising filmmaking talent from East Asia. Artists include: Lu Yang, Shi Zheng, Ryu Biho and Li Ming. Curated by Moritz Cheung and Jamie Wyld for videoclub.
- Lu Yang, Lu Yang Delusional Mandala, 2015, HD video, colour, sound, 16 min 27 sec
- Li Ming, Fireworks, 2008, HD video, colour, sound, 5 min 7 sec
- Ryu Biho, Moment of Brilliance, 2015, HD video, colour, sound, 2 min 58 sec
- Kent Chan, Orphic Oracular, 2014, HD video, colour, sound, 2 min 48 sec
- Shi Zheng, Offset, 2015, HD video, colour, sound, 7 min 52 sec
- Lai Tsung Yun, The Snakeskin, 2013, HD video, B&W, sound, 9 min 13 sec
- Isamu Hirabayashi, Matou, 2011, HD video, colour, sound, 4 min 17 sec
- Yoko Kuno, Airy Me, 2011, HD video, colour, sound, 4 min